The objective of grooming his for your child to be independently able to brush or comb his/her own hair.
Instructions for Lesson
- Take your child to the bathroom or wherever you usually do your child’s hair.
- Get your child’s attention by either saying your child’s name and or touching your child’s arm.
- Pick up a comb/brush and say “(Child’s name) time to brush/comb your hair”.
- Take the brush and brush your child’s hair. Then say “(Child’s name) do this (brush child’s hair) and hand your child the brush/comb.
- Perfect outcome: your child takes the brush/comb and brushes/combs her/his hair.
- Not so perfect outcome: your child just stands there. If this happens, reengage your child. Take the brush/comb and brush your child’s hair. Hand the brush to your child and say “Do this (brush hair)”. Prompt your child through the process.
It might take your child a couple day or weeks to understand the process. Always praise success and be patient.
Items you need